ASM celebrates its annual International Week from May 30th till June 3rd. Please open the flyer linked below for more information.
MAP Testing (Measures of Academic Progress)
We give students MAP tests to determine your child’s instructional level and to measure academic growth throughout the school year, and from year to year in the areas of Math, Reading and Language Usage.
MAP tests (computer-based) are unique in that they adapt to be appropriate for your child’s level of learning. As a result, each student has the same opportunity to succeed and maintain a positive attitude toward testing. Additionally, MAP tests allow us to administer shorter tests and use less class time while still receiving detailed, accurate information about your child’s growth.
How does MAP work at ASM?
- Students in Grades 2-10 are tested twice a year: Fall and Spring
- MAP Tests are offered in Reading, Language Usage, and Mathematics
- MAP Tests DO NOT require any content preparation; MAP tests are offered to determine your child’s instructional level and needs.
- Prior to each testing season, students are offered a twenty-minute orientation by their teacher(s).
- Students take a few MAP warm-up tests prior to the actual testing.
- MAP results are communicated to you with your child’s school report card.
Resources for Students & Parents: