We believe that…
- Providing a balanced education that emphasizes critical thinking and problem solving prepares students to be successful in university and beyond.
- Setting high expectations and striving for excellence lead to higher achievement.
- A healthy and safe learning environment is conducive to learning.
- Independent and life-long learners are better prepared to adapt to an ever-changing world.
- Cultivating students’ individual talents, interests and abilities enables them to make positive contributions to society.
- Discovering and developing a wide range of learning skills and strategies increases student potential to succeed.
- Developing good character prepares students to become caring and responsible citizens.
- Parent involvement is key to student success.
- A multilingual education fosters international mindedness.
- Learning about cultures and celebrating diversity strengthen the community.
- Sharing responsibility for the global community and environment is integral to good citizenship.
- Successful organizations support their staff personally and professionally.
Profile of the Graduate
A Graduate of the American School of Marrakesh will…
- demonstrate academic excellence by applying a wide range of skills and knowledge;
- make reflective and analytical connections;
- be able to set goals for his/her own learning;
- self-reflect to adjust performance;
- apply higher-order thinking skills;
- maintain an active lifestyle;
- develop the mindset and skills to actively participate in his/her community;
- act with confidence and integrity;
- work collaboratively and take responsibility for his/her own choices and actions;
- demonstrate respect and appreciation for his/her own and other cultures and beliefs;
- express ideas and information confidently and creatively across cultures and languages;
- understand contemporary global issues;
- be an active listener; and
- be ready for higher education and beyond.
To meet its Mission, ASM cultivates an educational environment based on four main principles:
- We offer a core curriculum of arts and sciences taught in English;
- We expect students to meet or exceed all AERO standards for each grade level;
- We provide opportunities for advanced coursework to those students who are able to exceed the AERO standards;
- We give the opportunity to all students to communicate effectively in Arabic and French and we expect Moroccan students to meet the Ministry of Education requirements;
- We give the opportunity to students who are able and inclined to meet proficiency levels required to pursue higher education in French and/or Arabic;
- We use technology to enhance teaching and learning;
- We create a learning context that encourages students to generate and develop focused questions and methods of inquiry, and to explore and think critically; and
- We expose students to a broad and balanced program to nurture their intellectual, emotional, social, and physical development and to prepare them to become well-rounded individuals.
- We prepare students to become independent learners;
- We prepare students to become lifelong learners;
- We prepare students to develop and explore their individual academic and non-academic potential and interests; and
- We support students to reach their individual potential through differentiation.
- We encourage and inspire students to embody the pillars of good character so that they can apply them to all aspects of their lives. The pillars are: Respect, Responsibility, Trustworthiness, Caring, Fairness, Citizenship and Perseverance.
- We challenge students to develop resilience and persistence.
- We enable students to understand their own culture and broaden their perspective as they learn about and interact with other cultures;
- We enable students to communicate effectively in more than one language; and
- We raise awareness and foster understanding of global issues.